Sunday, November 17, 2013

101 Things to do in Milwaukee Parks- the book is out!

It's been almost a year since I started this blog, and I really enjoy doing it.  About one month ago I was saying to a friend that I had accumulated so many wonderful stories from the people I met in the parks, and had a lot of great photos. I just didn't know what to do with all that.  She suggested a book.  So for the past month, I've been putting it all together.  It's now available on Amazon in both a paperback and a kindle edition.  I have to say the journey has been fantastic.  I love getting out in the parks and meeting people.  I hope you are finding time to do the same.

As I wrote the book, I became aware of even more fantastic fun you can have in our parks system, and the outdoors here in Milwaukee.  Much of it is free.  I started out by brainstorming 101 things, and found that as I talked to people, I had about 150!  I had to do some serious editing, and combined a lot of things under one category in order to be true to the title.  I hope you'll give it a read and see if there are some surprises in there for you.

If you'd like to purchase the Kindle edition, or the Paperback version, they are both available right now.  If you buy the paperback, you can download the Kindle edition for free.  And if you select the Kindle version, there's a free preview that shows you the first few entries.  This is the season where the weather tends to be iffy and it can be tough to enjoy the outdoors, but that doesn't mean you can't do a little reading to prepare for the winter season that is ahead!

Post a Comment